Happy 4th Birthday Carter boy! I can't believe that it's already been 4 years since you were born. The moment that we found out we were pregnant, we were so excited! When we found out that you were a boy, we were even more excited to meet you and see what you were like! Then on October 15th, 2004 at 8:30pm you were born! We heard that first cry and both dad and I cried with you. We brought you home from the hospital and had no clue what to do with you when you kept crying and crying. We were so clueless, but you survived. Your first birthday came so quick and I cried that day too. Now, here you are, 4 years old! I didn't cry today, not yet anyway. You have always been such a happy, energetic, loving little boy! You love to race your truck around the house, ride your two wheeler bike, eat candy, play with daddy and play with friends. You are so inquisitive about life, always wanting to know why something is the way it is. "Why do we have ears?" "Why do we wear underwear?" Not only are you full of questions, you are full of answers and silly comments too. "I pee in the tub because I want the water to be yellow." "We have ears so that we don't have to go to timeout."
One of my most favorite things about you is how loving you are. The other day you came over and laid your head down on me and said, "Mommie, your my bestest friend, I love you." It melts my heart every time you say it. You give the best hugs and kisses. You are also very sweet to you sister Berklie. She can sometimes get on your nerves, but you are usually (!!!) very sweet to her. You told me the other day that, "when I'm like a daddy, I want to marry Berklie". I love looking over from whatever I am doing and seeing you taking care of Berklie. It is moments like these that your dad and I think, "maybe we are doing something right after all."
You also love to sing and are really good at it. You can hear a song a few times and sing it pretty well. You don't always get the songs right, but it sure is cute.
When you wake up in the morning and go to bed at night, you love to know what are we doing to do? When I tell you, you will say, "what are we doing next?" Most of the time we'll end up going through the schedule for the whole day. I love the conversations that we have together. I like to ask you at night what your favorite and least favorite parts of the day are. It always put things into perspective for me. You say things like, "my most favorite was riding my bike and my not favorite was taking a bath and getting out." Life is simple.
I adore you, we adore you. You have your fathers sense of humor and my stubbornness. I thank the Lord everyday for trusting me with you. I hope and pray that I can teach you well and keep you safe and keep you happy. I look forward to another year of watching you grow and discover the world around you! I love you Carter boy.








10 comments:
What a beautiful tribute to your little boy (our grand-son). It made us tear up as well as we thought about times we have had to be with him. We cherish those moments. He is a loveable little guy. We sure do miss him!
I love those baby pictures. I forgot how bald he was. :)
Happy Birthday Carter!
How cute. That was so sweet what you wrote! Choked me up a little! Happy Birthday big boy! Glad he had a great day!
It's denver street! I sure miss that place.
Happy Birthday Carter!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CARTER!!! I loved all the pictures. He's such a cute little boy :) I hope he had a fun birthday #4!
Time does fly doesn't it?! He is one cute little dude! I love the pic of Matt and Carter in the tuxes, classic. Hope you guys are doing good!!!
Happy Birthday Again Carter! Luke loves to play with his cousin Carter! We can't believe you are 4! Time goes by so fast! We love you! Uncle Rich, Aunt Leslie, and Cousins Luke and Bentley!
what a sweet tribute!
I am so behind on reading blogs, but Happy birthday Carter! It looks like he had a blast! I can't believe he is 4!!
Post a Comment