So, Monday night rolls around, and Mat and I try our best to have Family Home Evening. Just some time where the kids know that they have to be at home, and there mom and dad attempt to teach them some kind of lesson. We sing a song and we even have a treat. Normally, it's something quite simple. The kids are young, there attention span is short and so is mine. But, the other night we drove to Salt Lake and visited Temple Square. Now, if you haven't been to Salt Lake, temple square is the center of the city. It took 40 years to build the temple! It was started in 1853 and finished in 1893. It's made from granite that was quarred from Little Cottonwood Canyon, about 20 miles away from the temple. It's beautiful. My little family sat on the temple grounds and ate peanut butter sandwiches. It was a lot of fun. Like I said, most FHE's are short, sweet and to the point.




2 comments:
Sounds like a perfect FHE to me! Loved the cute pictures!
I agree, perfect. What cute kiddos! I can't believe how big Oaklie looks next to Berklie in that last picture! And I have a picture of Carter wearing that same outfit Crew has on (pretty sure). Cute, cute, cute!
Post a Comment