Sunday, March 22, 2009

is it pregnancy..or just me?

Today I locked myself in the bathroom and enjoyed a delicious ice cream sandwich. You may wonder...why the bathroom and why the lock? Well, I didn't feel like sharing, I'm a bit more selfish these days with my treats. The bathroom was the safest place I could think of. If someone knocked on the door, I could say I was going to the bathroom. Genius. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier!!

(I'm not quite to this point yet, but it sure is funny!)

13 comments:

The Oman Family said...

I love it! I hide to enjoy a snack all to myself too!

Kristine and Ryan said...

Hahahaha, that's pretty awesome. It's definitely not just you! I'm lucky enough to not have other kids with sticky fingers to fight off yet. I can usually take Ryan when it comes to defending my treats. :)

Christy said...

i LOVE it ! i don't even think you need to explain yourself. btw, an ice cream sandwich sounds so good right now.

Sarah Oman said...

Ha Ha Ha!!!! That is great! I second the earlier comment. You don't have to explain yourself. I think we know how you feel!

Hayley said...

Good idea! I will have to try this one next time.

Julie and Derek said...

I totally understand! I hide treats from my husband because he would eat them all at once and leave me with nothing! And take advantage of good eating while you are prego! I had such bad acid reflux the whole time that I couldn't eat anything! Especially ice cream!!

lulu said...

I'm totally nesting, and wanting loads of ice cream. Speaking of which, I have frozen yogurt in the freezer I think I'll enjoy now.
Love the comic.
Let's see a pic.

Trieste said...

Thanks for such a funny post. I think it is so funny. I totally have to hide treats from my kids and Curt. I have my little stash so they're not eaten up so quick. I love the hiding in the bathroom to eat it though, I am going to have to use that idea next time! Love it!!!

THE TWO BELLS said...

When Harold read this he first said, "we'd better stock up on ice cream treats" and then said to tell you we have a good lock on our bathroom door! We both had a good laugh at the post (a good observation of human nature!)

Ware Family said...

Ha ha, you crack me up.
I remember when I was preggo with the twins, I had to get two of EVERYTHING I craved--one for me and one for Jackson. It got expensive!

Also, it's definitely not just you! I have a secret stash of Easter candy hidden in my closet (shhh!).

Sarah said...

I am busting a gut right now Lish. I love it. I do that even when I am not preggers, does that make me SUPER selfish? I love you. Go ahead and eat your ice cream in the bathroom.

The Bell Bunch said...

That is pretty funny! I was wondering the same as Sarah above. Sometimes you need some time to yourself! :)

Nikki said...

So funny. I LOLed!