Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Holidays!

I know this post is a little late, but better late than never eh? We had a very Merry Christmas this year and holiday season! Santa was good to all of us, but especially since the kids were able to spend time with BOTH Grandparents this year. That was a treat for all of them. Mat's parents were gone last year in Kirtland Ohio on a mission and came home just in time for the holidays. My parents were able to come again this year and stay at our house. We LOVE spending time with the grandparents. What a treat. We decided this year to spend the night and Grandma and Grandpa Bells house on Christmas Eve. We were a little nervous that Santa might not know we were there, but he found us. After a yummy brunch at the Bells, we headed the airport to pick up my parents. At home we found that Santa came to our house as well! It was too much, but the kids LOVED it. Oh, and so did I!! Carter got his hamster that he had been begging Santa for. Not a real one of course...a Zhu Zhu pet. He actually got two, but without hesitating, gave one to Berklie because he said that Santa left one for her. Sweet boy.
Berklie got a fancy new kitchen and some fun wooden food to go along. Her favorite to make so far is soup. She's a nut.
Oaklie loved watching her brother and sister get excited. She got a new stroller this year. Lucky girl! I had NOTHING to do with that gift. (ha ha ha)
We are so grateful for the blessings that we enjoy each and everyday. For the freedoms of our country and for the love of our Heavenly Father who blesses us beyond measure everyday.
My hands are full with 3 kids, but I wouldn't change it for the world. We are looking forward to this new year and the excitement it may hold.
Enjoy the photos!


This is the best we could do. They had no desire to sit and smile for a picture. But, they sure are cute in their matching jammies.
This is my face as Mat was taking a picture of me with the new camera Santa brought me!


A classic Berklie face.
Decorating, but mostly eating cookies.
We celebrated my mom's birthday, December 26th. I love my mom, she's my best friend. I so wish that I could have her around more, but I'm so glad that they were able to come and be with us this year.
Carter insisted on party horns for grammie's birthday.That night we went to temple square to see the lights. It was THAT cold.
We met up with the Bells for photos and dinner afterwards. Carter and Luke are best buddies.
My hip mom in her Northface and the two crazies who won't smile or look at the camera.

4 comments:

Kristine and Ryan said...

Cute pics. The matching jammies are so cute!

THE TWO BELLS said...

Glad we could spend Christmas with your little family this year. We enjoyed Christmas Eve as well.

Hayley said...

It sounds like you had a fun Christmas! What kind of camera did you get? I need a knew one. My camera takes horrible fuzzy pictures.

Ware Family said...

CUTE matching jammies. I love that Carter gave Berklie one of his hamsters--those are the best moments as a mom.