Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Oakie Bear! She turned 2 June 19th. I know, it was a little bit ago, but better late than never.
Oaklie is loving this summer and all the time that she gets to spend with Carter and Berks. She loves to play with them and LOVES to bug them. She is good at it too. When she isn't bugging her brother and sister, she is loving Crew or getting into something that she shouldn't. She is my kid that can't be left alone for a minute. She knows when I leave the room, and she makes a b-line for whatever it is that she wants. Sometimes it's a marker, that she uses to color the floor, or the wall or a chair. Sometimes it's some food in the pantry or storage room, (she broke a bottle of strawberry jam on the floor as she tried to run away from Mat with it in her hand) she has dumped out cereal from a bag or crackers from the box. Once it was a steak knife that got left too close to the edge of the counter. Really, she is crazy! Adorable, hilarious and crazy. She loves to make you laugh, and she has the best cheese smile. She loves to sing the ABC song and Twinkle Twinkle. Those are her two favorites right now. She also loves to ride Crew, yes, I said ride. (I think I have a picture of it) I worry for her safety almost non-stop because she has no natural boundaries that my other kids seemed to have. It's not a bad thing to worry though, right? :) I am hopeful that this is a stage and she will soon grow out of it. Until then, I am on Oaklie gaurd. Does it sound like she's 2 now? So very 2. I love her sense of humor though. She is so dang funny and can usually be laughed out of a tantrum. Before she goes to bed at night, she requests "twinkle". Before you leave the room, you have most likely sung the song atleast 5 times, if not more. She stares up and you with her big blue eyes, and you can't say no to that.
We love our Oaklie and life sure would be boring if she weren't in our family!

Oaks the climber! 2010
She started climbing before she started walking.
Oaklie 2010
One of her favorite past times, rummaging in the pantry.
_DSC0060 (1)
Her one year pictures, this is my favorite!!
IMG_0501
Always messy. Always.
IMG_0953
YUM! Having some ice cream at the zoo.
DSC_0267

DSC_0278
Easter morning and I was trying to get a quick picture of the kids dressed all cute. Crew was crying, and Oaklie was very concerned about him. She loves her baby brother.
DSC_0421
A rainy day playing in the bubbles.
IMG_1034
Easter egg hunt at Grandmas. So curious.
DSC_0367
Riding Carter. She loves to play with him.
DSC_0371

DSC_0320
We love you Oaklie and all the happiness and laughter you bring to our family.

2 comments:

Julie and Derek said...

OMG she is so cute! The last picture is priceless! And I think she is a mini-you for sure! Hope all is well!

THE TWO BELLS said...

love that girl!