Saturday, March 30, 2013

Carter's Baptism

I want to say.."I can't believe I didn't blog about this"..but who am I kidding!  Blogging isn't the first thing on my mind, so i completely forgot, until now!  Carter turned 8 last October and was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints.  I remember when i was baptized at the age of 8 as well.  It's one of those moments in your life that you remember, maybe not every detail, but you remember parts of it. I remember feeling really special, and knowing that I was doing something important that I had wanted to do for the last year or so.  My whole family was baptized when I was just 7 and I was mad that I couldn't be baptized yet.  When I was 6 I was taught the missionary discussions along with my brothers and I loved what I learned.  As I have gotten older I have realized the sacrifice that my mom made by even reading the Book of Mormon!  It wasn't an easy thing for her to do, because she had religion and she had been taught about God and her Savior growing up in a Pastors home.  She was my age (33-34)when she first started looking into the church, that kinda blows my mind a little bit.  And now, she has 3 grown children who are all active in the church, teaching their children about the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Carter is the 4th grandchild to get baptized.  It was a special day!

 Grandma and Grandpa Bell made a special visit for Carter's baptism.  They are serving a mission in the Washington DC temple.  We are so grateful that they could come!!


 I tried to get a picture of everyone that was there that day!  We are so grateful to good friends and family that love and support us and help my kids in so many ways.

 Our cute little family.  Carter is such a good older brother!  Berklie told me later that day that she felt the spirit.  What a great example Carter is. I love the creative, active, loving and fun boy that he is!  So grateful that Heavenly Father has trusted us with this special guy.

No comments: