Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July!

Because of the new baby, we didn't do a whole lot for the 4th this year. I think Mat was a little disappointed, but we still had a really good time relaxing with the family going to the Tooele Parade! The kids had a blast collecting as much candy as they could and watching the horses and bands in the parade. It was even cool enough for Berklie to wear a jacket, perfect parade weather!! Later in the day we had a picnic in the backyard complete with popcorn chicken from Walmart..it doesn't get any better than that folks...if you're 4 or 2 years old. :) We set off a few fireworks that night, and all in all, had a great day.
We tried to get them to pose for the camera, as you can see, we didn't have a whole lot of success. But, they are still pretty darn cute.



They really do like each other...most of the time.
Sweet Oaklie. She is now 2 weeks old!! At her doctors appointment she weighed in at 8lbs 5 oz!! (Plenty over her birth weight.) And she was 21.5 inches long! We adore her and can't get enough of her.


8 comments:

THE TWO BELLS said...

yayyyyyy! Pictures! The kids are growing up! Oaklie is a doll! And of course the other two are darn cute as well. Glad you had a fun 4th!

The Burila Bunch said...

Wish we could have celebrated Independence Day with you!! I so want to come and visit your family. All of your kids are so cute. Come to California!!

Melissa said...

Yeah, congrats Alisha. Oaklie is so cute and you do have way adorable children. I love the name Oaklie, love it! I'm glad your 4th was great and you are all doing swell.

The Funky Bunch said...

Cute pics! And of course you have coordinating outfits for the kids! Lol. The popcorn chicken sounds d-lish! My kids would have been there in a heartbeat!

Trieste said...

So fun to see more pics of your kiddos...I cannot believe how big Berklie is. I love the pic with Carter and Berk together and all 3 together, so cute!!! I'm glad you had a fun and relaxing 4th...I think you had a great idea of just hanging out and keeping it low-key with a new baby! I hope all is going well for you!

Sarah said...

I so can't wait to hang out with you Lishy-poo!

Sher said...

Yay - I found your invite in my junkmail box! Thanks!! We have the SAME old navy outfits for the 4th --- so cute!!!! Love the pics!

Christy said...

your kids are all so CUTE ! love the matching outfits. Oaklie is absolutely beautiful too !