All he wanted to do was go down the hill.
We took Carter and Berklie skiing a few weeks ago. Since I don't ski, I shouldn't be saying "we". I was no help at all, as you will see from the pictures. Mat is doing all the work. Berk on the belly, Carter on his skis between Mat's knees and then me, taking the pictures. Hey, I was good for something! Mat skied that way for about 15 minutes, which if you ask me is pretty impressive!! Carter loved skiing with his dad and couldn't get enough of it. After about 15 minuets I decided to take Berklie back to the car and let Carter and dad try out the rope tow. Carter did really good and he was really sad when we had to return his skies. I was surprised at how much Berklie liked it as well. She was so excited to be outside and loved going down the hill. I tried to ski that day as well, but it didn't work out so good. My ski's kept popping off and my legs were all to sore to try very hard anyway. But, since Carter loved it so much and Berklie, I am even more motivated to learn to ski. I just have to convince Mat to teach me now.
Oh and I'm sure you want to know, marathon training is going just fine. Lack of sleep and sore legs, no big deal!! My partner and I have started running twice a week at 5 am. It is actually easier to start earlier. Saturday we ran 16 miles in just over 3 hours!!! I can't believe it either. May 17th is the day and I'm stoked. Enjoy the pic's!!!
Oh and I'm sure you want to know, marathon training is going just fine. Lack of sleep and sore legs, no big deal!! My partner and I have started running twice a week at 5 am. It is actually easier to start earlier. Saturday we ran 16 miles in just over 3 hours!!! I can't believe it either. May 17th is the day and I'm stoked. Enjoy the pic's!!!
7 comments:
loved your pictures! Thanks for sharing!
MOMB
Hey, don't forget to add us to your list of bloggers! I didn't know kids that young could ski, we'll have to get Marshall up there before all the snow melts. I need to learn to ski, too=)
Hi Friend, so here is something odd: We both grew up in Colorado and never learned how to ski!?! I have been a couple times but yeah...that sore leg thing and it is expensive to go. I am very impressed with little Carter. I have been telling Bart he has to wait to take Abigail until she is 5. If he sees your pictures he'll be up there with her this week. Way to go Carter!!
Yeah for blogger! Thanks for having me as a quick link. I thought you could snow board? I am impressed that Mat could ski with the big load. I for one would have fallen and smashed the kids. Sounds like it was an exciting adventure.
I am so excited that you switched over, now I can make a comment without all of that confusion. Skip the skiing and head straight for snowboarding, it's easier on the knees.
Love the new blog. So Mat is already brain washing your children eh? If you ever want to go snowboarding you let me know! :)
Cute blog! That is cool you guys took the kids skiing. I am to chicken to do that!
Post a Comment