Thursday, June 5, 2008

1 million pictures...(ok, not quite, but close)

Here we are! I think this was around mile 14...I really can't remember actually, but it's somewhere along the race. Terri (my running partner) would want you to know that she IS the one wearing the white....not the girl in the tank top. I am sure she's nice and all, but that's not Terri. Oh and just so you know, there are signs warning you that a camera man is going to be ahead, so hence the big smiles on our faces. Terri is amazing and running yet another marathon in June. I thought about it and really wanted to do it, but I decided to let my tendentious heal a little bit. Good luck Terri, I'm jealous. I am still running though, just not killing myself at the current moment, so usually 4-6 miles a day. Right in front of the finish line! I did it!! I was sprinting here (at least I thought I was) because I could finally see the finish line and I had to hurry and get to it.
Looking dapper. Mat and Carter all handsome for Andy's wedding.


For Carter's end of the year preschool party, we went to the zoo. We didn't end up staying with any of the kids in his class though, but we ran into Anna, Melissa and Jessica and walked the zoo with them. It was a fun day, all the animals were out and active. Of course I didn't get any other pictures though. Berklie wearing her shades. She's funny, she won't keep them on for more than a second, but she loves for you to put them on and off for her. Carter the rock star! He picked this toy out at Walmart a few weeks ago and had I have thought about it a little longer, I would have suggested he pick a different toy. It's loud and annoying!! But, he's cute when he plays it. Usually he'll rock out to "Book of Mormon Stories" on it. It's pretty funny.He's performing on his stage for the family. He's quite the funny one lately. He insists on dressing himself every morning. Which would be fine if it weren't for the time in the morning (usually before 7 am) and the fact that he usually wants to wear a sweat shirt and shorts that no longer fit. The sweat shirt is fine, but it's hot outside and it needs to be washed at some point. But, at early hours of the morning, Mat and I really don't want to argue with him.


Berklie attempting to put on Matty's cowboy hat. Yep, Mat has a cowboy hat. He wants to fit in with the locals. :)

Memorial Weekend all the Bell kids went out to the Bell Cabin. It was a blast, other than the weather being poopy. We had a bon-fire one night and tried to roast some marshmallows that we found, but they were REALLY old and rock hard. We did try though. We played Settlers of Catan way too much, road 4-wheelers and ate good food. We had a blast! We missed Shauna and Harold though, it was kinda weird being up there without them.

This is Melinda, Derrick and Carter. Carter couldn't get enough of Melinda during this trip. He always wanted to hold her hand, I think Derrick has some competition. This is Uncle Rich and Luke and Carter of course. Carter adores his cousin Luke, and he idolizes his Uncle Rich. (you'll see in the next photo)Carter got to watch Uncle Rich practice shooting his bow and he thought it was really cool. He got to "help" and hand Rich the arrow and he would whisper "go" before he shot the target. This picture doesn't quite capture Carters awe.

Mat is attempting to roast a very old marshmallow. I'm still not sure how he even got it on the stick. Derrick was hungry I think. First he tried to eat the rock hard marshmallow, then he and Mat roasted cactus' and ate them. Both of them said they tasted like sweeter, slimy peas. Nasty. Andy, his new wife Natasha and niece Bentley.Kristine and Ryan.
He thought he was such a big boy riding the motorcycle. He asked when he could ride it not for pretend...I told him never.
I love to watch and listen to Carter and Berklie play together. It's fun for Carter that Berks is getting old enough to play with him. They are cute together.Studious toothbrusher.

8 comments:

Sarah Oman said...

Yeah for the pictues! It looks like you have been busy, hope all is good this summer!

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Oman Family said...

Cute kids! Thanks for putting up the pictures. Looks like you have had lots of fun!!

lulu said...

Thanks for showing me pictures of the bell clan. Your family has gone from big to huge. So many new couples! I bet you're showing them the ropes! Awesome job on the marathon. I can't believe you sprinted to the finish line. Did you throw up afterwards?

The Evans Family said...

cute pics - your kids have such personality! so THAT's the infamous hat....

thanks for clarifying that I wasn't the other girl in the pic (not that my goofy smile makes me any better, but at least I'm not IMMODEST, hahaha :)

AbiAnn said...

Yeah new pictures!! Your kids are just too adorable!! Looks like you all have had great fun, and it is a small world...Andy's wife Natasha was my sorority sister at the U! Say hi to her for me (my maiden name is Croft). Lunches started at the park,would you like to meet up one day?

Nikki said...

Awesome pictures! It was good to see them and see what you've been up to. Let's play soon!

Kristine and Ryan said...

I love that picture of Mat and Carter in their suits. What a handsome couple of guys!