So, I had a day today! It wasn't even really that bad, but I just can't get seem to get over it. It started with me not running (mistake #1). Then we went to Berklie's 15 month appointment in Salt Lake because I can't get over my love for Dr. Vandenburge (not real love of course, but he's been my kids doctor since he was born love). So we drive 45 minutes there and wait 15 for him to come in only to feel rushed because he was running behind and come on now, the least you can do is look at her chart and act like you know her name. After Berklie's drive by visit with the doctor, the nurse gave her 2 shots....the second shot Berklie managed to grab while it was going into her leg and it ended up giving her a 3 inch scratch on her leg!! It was totally my fault though, I was supposed to be holding her hand so that she couldn't do that. She is one strong little thing and managed to wiggle her hand free from my grasp. Not only does she have the pain from the shots themselves, but now pain from the needle cutting her leg. I guess that is what it took to get to me realize I need a new doctor, closer to home, that is the key.
For a quick second we go into Babys R Us to look at strollers. That trip ended quickly with Carter throwing a tantrum because I wouldn't buy the $5 "cup with a straw and a lid" that he couldn't live without. That is the 3rd time in the last few months that people cleared a path for me while I drug my screaming kids out of the store. Sweet!
Next we go visit Grandma Oman (who recently had hip surgery) at the Health South Rehab. We showed up during her therapy, so we went to eat some lunch in hopes that that would put Berklie in a better mood. There was no better mood, just tears and screams during the hour visit with Grandma. Hopefully Grandmas (and Grandpa's) ears are not ringing anymore.
The ride home was peaceful once Berklie and Carter fell asleep. However Carter decided that because he had a 15 minute nap in the car that he didn't need anymore.
For the remainder of the day I tried not to lose it with one tired boy and one sore screaming baby girl. It can make for a long day. I am grateful that they are both peacefully sleeping now and that we can have a new and much better day tomorrow!!
I think I feel better now, but dang I feel like a whiner. :) Oh the joys of being a momma.
10 comments:
What a sucky day! So you've finally given up on Vandenberghe huh?
I just saw Carter's comments! So funny!!! Where do they come up with the Jesus and Heavenly Father stuff? It's hilarious! And I'm so glad my son is not the only one who wants a dress...at least Carter doesn't want a pink one!
Oh Alicia!! I am so sorry!!! I have had many times where people clear a way for us as we leave a store. So embarrassing!! I can't believe you took the kids to see Grandma Oman! That is the reason why we haven't gone yet. I don't want to go without Sam!! I totally feel for you, those days are so dang hard! You are not a whiner, you had to vent!! Hope today goes better!
What a day! I know how you feel, I have them often! mine usually start with a night of little sleep then get worse! Oh and I understand about the Dr far away. We're trying to find one here so we don't have to drive an hour for the visit next month! Good luck!
I remember when Isabella was Carter's age giving in and buying a $3 Elmo doll for her after she screamed for ten minutes. It was my own fault for letting her hold it in the first place. Weird, but I kinda miss those days!
BTW, love your Juno music!:)
Ok I totally know how that goes!! Wait til you throw another one in the mix! Lots of fun!! The same thing happened to Brooklyn at her last doctors appointment, except it was the nurse that left a 3inch scratch on her leg. She expected Brooklyn to move but she didn't, so she was putting a lot of pressure into it and bent the needle while in her leg and scratched it good!! Those dang nurses!! Hope you're having a better day today!
I sometimes think that we have horrible days like that to put the "good" days into perspective! All I have to say is good for you! Way to show Carter who is in charge and not giving in. Even though you had a rough morning you were still able to stay strong. Yeah!
Everyone has had a day or 2 or 3....like that...if you didn't then you wouldn't be a mom right? I am sorry that you had such a sucky day! Here for you my friend...
my sister meck is always the best mom in the west, and i never doubt that. cheer up mama! never forget you're the greatest for Mat & your kids!! and of course, you're the greatest to me too! love ya! :)
Oh girly, if you only knew how many of us have days like that way too often!!!! I know exactly how you feel! I don't know if that helps, but I feel your pain! Especially dragging the kids out of the store screaming, I can't even count how many times I have had to do that, with all of the sales clerks and people looking at you like, Can't you control your own kids??? I hope the next day was much better for you!
Post a Comment