HEY! YOU'VE GOT AN ARTIST IN YOUR FAMILY...AND A DECORATOR! IN OUR FAMILY MELINDA WAS OUR MURAL PAINTER. JEN SAYS IT IS AN AMOEBA. I THINK IT'S A PICTURE OF OHIO. I CAN SEE LAKE ERIE AT THE TOP.
It's obvious isn't it? It's the virgin Mary (right upper) holding the infantino Jesus (lower left); an intimate moment between mother and newborn child. The complexities of the composition are far above the skill level of a four year old. The flattening of space lets me know that he was thinking in temporal-spatio terms and the relationship of eternal time with that of the birth of the savior; perhaps showing the viewer that this one moment in time was to be of sumo importance throughout all time and for all peoples. The amorphous shapes of the figures are non-representational, allowing us to fill in the voids with our own imaginings of what Mary and the babe looked like in real life. The placement of the Mary figure over the light switch is genius; showing that the light(the Spirit or light of Christ)has "turned on" not only within Mary, but within the world with the advent of the Savior. All in all, a deeply inspiring piece, worthy of any museum. Bravo.
9 comments:
You CAN NOT be serious!!! Oh you poor thing! I can't believe that! What happened?? You were totally calm about it though, right?? Lol!
HEY! YOU'VE GOT AN ARTIST IN YOUR FAMILY...AND A DECORATOR! IN OUR FAMILY MELINDA WAS OUR MURAL PAINTER. JEN SAYS IT IS AN AMOEBA. I THINK IT'S A PICTURE OF OHIO. I CAN SEE LAKE ERIE AT THE TOP.
Good thing they invented those wall erasers! It's clearly a whale diving into the ocean.
Yay I'm back in :)
Thanks for the invite, and it was really good to see you the other night.
Great drawing....I think it's a liger (from Napolean Dynamite :)
I agree with Kristine. Whale diving into the ocean. I can totally see it.
oh no, we've got a couple of those walls in our house too. way to capture the moment !
In my family that kind of art is always titled: Someone needs a spanking
Its a person with a fishing pole and at the end of the pole is a butt.
It's obvious isn't it? It's the virgin Mary (right upper) holding the infantino Jesus (lower left); an intimate moment between mother and newborn child. The complexities of the composition are far above the skill level of a four year old. The flattening of space lets me know that he was thinking in temporal-spatio terms and the relationship of eternal time with that of the birth of the savior; perhaps showing the viewer that this one moment in time was to be of sumo importance throughout all time and for all peoples. The amorphous shapes of the figures are non-representational, allowing us to fill in the voids with our own imaginings of what Mary and the babe looked like in real life. The placement of the Mary figure over the light switch is genius; showing that the light(the Spirit or light of Christ)has "turned on" not only within Mary, but within the world with the advent of the Savior. All in all, a deeply inspiring piece, worthy of any museum. Bravo.
-Mike
Post a Comment