Last night Mat and Carter went to the Jazz game. Carter was pretty excited about going to the basketball game with daddy. When they got home I was putting Carter to bed and doing out nightly ritual of asking him what is favorite part of the day was. He replied by saying that it was going to the Jazz game. I said, what was your favorite part of the jazz game? He said, "the girls in their pretty dresses and sparklies"!!! WHAT THE??? YOU ARE FOUR! I only thought that to myself. Then he said, "Mom, the girls were naked but they had on black under wears". What do you even say to that? I told him that it's not OK to look at naked girls and next time he should cover his eyes. Mat told me later that Carter would get mad when he couldn't see and especially when he couldn't see the girls. Lately he has been noticing "pretty things". The first was the substitute chorister in primary. He told me after church that she had really pretty eyes. The next Sunday Carter and Mat were watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Carter turned to Mat and said, "the girls are really pretty when they do the hot dog dance daddy." Mat seems to think it's no big deal and was laughing at me for freaking out about it last night. Seriously, he's 4, come on now. He should be noticing cool cars and yucky bugs, not pretty naked girls. Don't you think?
Thursday, November 20, 2008
The Jazz (dancers) and a 4 year old boy
Last night Mat and Carter went to the Jazz game. Carter was pretty excited about going to the basketball game with daddy. When they got home I was putting Carter to bed and doing out nightly ritual of asking him what is favorite part of the day was. He replied by saying that it was going to the Jazz game. I said, what was your favorite part of the jazz game? He said, "the girls in their pretty dresses and sparklies"!!! WHAT THE??? YOU ARE FOUR! I only thought that to myself. Then he said, "Mom, the girls were naked but they had on black under wears". What do you even say to that? I told him that it's not OK to look at naked girls and next time he should cover his eyes. Mat told me later that Carter would get mad when he couldn't see and especially when he couldn't see the girls. Lately he has been noticing "pretty things". The first was the substitute chorister in primary. He told me after church that she had really pretty eyes. The next Sunday Carter and Mat were watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Carter turned to Mat and said, "the girls are really pretty when they do the hot dog dance daddy." Mat seems to think it's no big deal and was laughing at me for freaking out about it last night. Seriously, he's 4, come on now. He should be noticing cool cars and yucky bugs, not pretty naked girls. Don't you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
There is a story I remember about President McKay viewing the 24th of July parade when someone commented that some of the girls on the floats were not modestly dressed and his reply was "I just saw lovely young ladies."--Its all in the eye of the beholder and Carter just saw pretty dancers. Lots of times these things are only big things if we make them so. Nevertheless in this day and age its hard not to be protective with so much evil in the world.
I think it is so funny. I was reminded at how many students I've had that have had crushes on me-I've been told by countless parents(remember I taught 5 & 6 year olds). I also remember several times that we've had to stop "kissing tag" at recess! It's funny that one minute they are 3 and love toys and animals and in the next year or two they start to notice the opposite sex. At least he is just noticing right now!!!
I love it. That is the funniest story ever. Carter is hilarious and I love to hear what he has to say. Like father, like son I guess! Lol!
There is a boy in Melissa's preschool class and nursery class that just adores her. I guess the teachers say he won't stop kissing her. I asked her what she thought of it and she is just fine with it. Its crazy it all starts so young!!
I think it's funny, but it's not my kid! I'd freak out too if it were Jackson.
Don't worry. From what I've seen, boys are pretty much done with girls for a while by first grade!
At least it's the girls he's pointing out! He does seem a little young to be so into girls, I'm sure he'll grow out of it soon enough. What a funny kid!
I see how it is. It's your kind of boy that I have to protect my girls from. Tsk-tsk. ;) There was a boy (3 yrs old) when we lived in Provo that told us he was going to take Natalie to the temple. And at Natalie's second b-day party, he gave her a kiss on the cheek and she had a goofy look on her face after. Ah, young love; so pure and innocent.
-mike
That's funny because Marshall is doing the same thing! At the Circus in September he said his favorite part was the pretty dancers. Boys!
Post a Comment