I love that Carter says what he is thinking and that he is so observant. Although there have been times in the past when I have feared for my life because of things that come out of his mouth! I love when he comments on my hair and tells me I look like a princess, or when I'm wearing jewelry and he tells me I'm pretty. He always means well, at least that is what I keep telling myself when he says, "mommie, your legs are getting bigger. Maybe it's because your belly's getting bigger". I look at him wanting to yell, but he has this sweet grin on his face, and I just can't scold him. The second time he said it, I nicely said, "Carter, there are just some things you don't say to girls, someday you'll learn that". Funny, funny boy. I adore my Carter. I think saying what you think is a good quality, his just needs to be refined.
Carter loves to say prayers and will even try to mix it up a little every prayer, here is the gist of what one sounds like, "Heavenly Father, thank you for the corn, thank you for my friends, thank you for the baby in mommies belly, thank you for my new pencil, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I love his sweet sweet prayers and I love even more that he remembers all on his own, his little brother or sister in mommies belly. He loves to cuddle with my big ol' belly and I'm sure will be a sweet big brother to this new babe!
Berklie likes to say prayers with Carter too. Today at dinner she folded her arms the cute way that she does and in her own little gibberish rattled off her prayer. The only thing that we understood was, "corn cob" (corn said without the r) It was so dang cute! She is the funniest little thing. Our little entertainer.
We made some cookies yesterday and both kids had to be right in the action. I was afraid a few times that they were going to stick their little hands in the mixer. No one managed to get them in the mixer, and the cookies were delish!!
10 comments:
How sweet life is when you really sit back and look at the simplest things!!! Kids are the best!! and yours are so cute!!! Thats a good idea to write all their sweet little quotes because you'll look back and just giggle. good times!
We miss our Grandkids! Thanks for sharing pictures and the fun stories!
Cute pics...and hey, where's my cookies??
Are you going to find out the gender of this baby?
I miss you too! We should make some definite plans and soon.
wow! look at Berklie's RED hair - I can't beieve how big she's getting. And Carter too - they are adorable little kiddos! We miss you guys!
Your family is SO cute! I love the things kids come up with! We are SO glad to be in touch again! We love you and wish your family all the best! YOur kids are adorable!!!! :)
Don't you just love how honest kids are? Your stories make us laugh! We want to know where our COOKIES are!
Oh how cute! I love the dancing! I can't wait until I get to hear the honesty from Evie. I bet it will be eye opening.
I don't think that a red hat counts as adding red accents to your decor.
Hahahaha! I'm a dork and I really hope you get that joke.
Post a Comment