Monday, May 12, 2008

The catch up.

All is well with the Bells. The weather has been awesome, so we are living outside lately. Carter is sassy as ever, but cute as ever too. He keeps asking me when my belly is going to get big and give him a baby. He told me the other day that he would put his truck in my mouth and it would go to my belly and then get bigger and bigger and then a baby would come out for him. Oh the imagination of a child. Where he is getting these ideas is beyond me, but hey, it's funny anyway. Incase your wondering, no I'm not pregnant. Just to clear the air. Berklie is starting this new screaming thing...which I really don't like all that much. She screams in the car if she doens't have something that she wants to play with, she screams during any meal time because you just can't seem to shovel the food in her mouth fast enough and she screams if Carter gets a little too close to her because she thinks he is going to take what shes playing with. It kinda hurts your ears but we just keep hoping that she'll grow out of it.
This past weekend we went to Mat's brothers wedding. He married Natasha Booth on Friday. Elder Ballard did the sealing, which was pretty awesome. I wasn't really paying attention, until I heard someone say, "it woudln't be a party if I didn't bring Sister Ballard". That got my attention. It was pretty sweet. The sealing was followed by a reception that night, which fun also. Berklie had had it by that point in the day, so we didn't last long. Then Sunday we were at the Bells again for Mothers Day and Shauna and Harold were set apart for thier mission!! They left this morning for their 8 day stay at the MTC in Provo Utah and then next Wednesday they are driving to thier mission in Kirkland Ohio where they will stay for 18 months. They are a little nervous I think to leave us all unattended and behind. :) But, they will have a great time and the area will benifit from the service they give. We are proud of them! Carter doesn't quite understand that Grandma and Grandpa are leaving and I know that he will really miss them.
Last but not least, the marathon is coming up. 5 days! This week we are just taking it easy as far as running goes. I'm pretty excited for the marathon....I haven't decided what I'm most excited for though...to run 26.2 miles, to get it over with or to be away from my kids for a night??? It's a tie I think.

3 comments:

Sarah Oman said...

Good Luck~~~ What a big week! I sure hope that everthing goes well. Are you nervous? I would be! (But if you're not, don't listen to me!)

lulu said...

I'm very excited for you. All I can think of is a line off of Finding Nemo. "just keep swimming, swimming, swimming" but instead we should say, "just keep running, running, running." You'll be great!

Kristine and Ryan said...

Ah! Good luck! You'll do awesome on the marathon.