Today is our 5 year anniversary! Happy day! We celebrated both nights really, last night was the official celebration I suppose. We went to the Jazz game and then stayed at the Milpond Spa in Stansbury Park. It's like a little B&B right on the lake. It was really really nice. Then tonight we went out with some friends to Tepanyaki for some delicious food and good company. It's crazy that it's already been years. We feel like a lot has happened in this short period of time....we've moved 3 times, had several different jobs, started our own business and had 2 babies. We feel very blessed with all that we have been given, especially each other!! I know super cheese. But, we are nothing without each other. I am so grateful for the wonderful man that I married.
Today I also got to run 18 miles!!! It felt so good to be back out with my partner again running the streets of the Tooele valley. Everything went really good with the run aside from the fact that we both got sun burnt. I even put on sunscreen...which I found out later was like 3 years expired. I guess it didn't work. Wahhhhh, so my face hurts. But, it could be worse I guess. We took a picture this morning before we left on the run. I thought about doing a before and after, but I decided that's too much to show everyone. You can picture it though if you want, the only difference was that my face was so red it now matched my pink shirt. We are excited for the marathon, it'll be a blast.
Carter and Berklie are good. Carter just can't be outside enough. From the second that he wakes up in the morning that is where he wants to be. Berklie is adorable and just loves to follow her big brother around wherever he goes. She is still not walking, just protesting it. We love our sweet babies!!
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Last weekend we went to St. George with some friends. It was a blast. I had never been there before, so it was great to see palm trees in Utah. It was a really relaxing and fun weekend. On the way home Sunday afternoon, we stopped for a little detour at Kolob Canyon in Zions. We chose a little hike to do with the kids and thought it would be so fun for them. Well, Berklie had enough the second that we got out of the car. I'm glad that Mat wanted to carry her in the backpack. Carter did good though, he liked looking for bugs and jumping over tree roots. We almost made the whole mile hike!! :) We got the kids loaded in the car at the end and them remembered that we wanted a photo, so instead of making them scream, we opened the windows and stole a picture. It was fun, we hope to go again soon.
1 comment:
You guys look so cute! We are almost at 6 years and we have moved 6 times. Hmmm.
My, how the time flys!
Post a Comment