Monday, September 8, 2008

The State Fair

This past weekend, we braved the crowds and went to the state fair. We happened to show up on the night of the Rodeo! Wahoo!! You all know how I love those cowboys! (LOL) It wouldn't have been like me at all if I remembered my camera, so I didn't. Before the rodeo we let the kids ride some rides. We all rode the Merry-go-round, Carter rode the Helicopters and then we all rode the Ferris Wheel. Am we getting old or something because even the Merry-go-round made us dizzy. I know, it's ridiculous. We bought a very expensive dinner, corn dogs at 4 bucks a pop and hot dogs at 2.50 each, that left us hungry an hour later. So we treated ourselves to some more fatty fair food! It wouldn't be the fair if you didn't get a funnel cake and some dip n'dots. We looked around at some of the booths and ended up getting home real real late! It was a great time.
Sunday we had some friends over for a Babbie-Q. Mat said that morning, "watch, we'll run out of propane". So, of course we ran out of propane. Awesome. Good thing our peeps didn't live far, so they bailed us out. We had some good eats and played a really fun game, but I can't remember the name of it. Of course I won! Hahaha, I think I never win anymore, I'm too busy chatting it up to pay attention to the game. So at the end of the game I am all ticked because not only did I loose, I got last place by far! Oh well, we had a great time.
We are looking forward to a fun and busy week. I'll for sure post some more photos later!!

3 comments:

The Funky Bunch said...

Yes you do love your cowboys! Grrr!! Cowboys, great fatty foods and hot tubs. What a great combo!! Don'tcha think??? We had a great time Sunday. We really should do it more often. We're all about games and making everyone else lose!! Ha ha ha.

Kristine and Ryan said...

We went to the rodeo at the fair too. The mutton busting is hilarious. You've got to get Carter to do that!

Trieste said...

Hey, I found your blog finally...a round about way. I linked from Aubrey's to Megan's to yours. Ha ha ha...I found you!!!! Anyway, we just went to the State Fair last night and it was tons of expensive fun...we saw Veggie Tales. Anyway, I'm not avoiding calling you back, I was waiting to hear from my sista. I'll call soon!