Monday, September 1, 2008

A day of Firsts!!!

If you look closely, you can see the teenie tiny little pigtails!! YEAH! What a cute little peanut she was today. She sat on the counter in our bathroom and let me play around with her hair until I got it up in pigtails. She said, "ow, ow, ow" as I was doing it, but didn't try to stop me. A true girl. :) She looks like a little girl with these, I couldn't get over it!! Oh man, look at those eyes...that is a face that you can't say no to.



Another, "look closely and you'll see" picture. Those three little dots are Carter riding a two wheel bike! We went to some friends tonight for a little BBQ and Dave swore that Carter would be riding a two wheel bike by the end of the night. Well, it wasn't the end of the night, it was like 2 minutes into the BBQ, he was riding! I think the bike is magic, or Dave?? Carter couldn't get enough of it, so we are borrowing the bike for a little while so he can get some more practice in. When we got home he popped his head out of the car and asked so sweetly if he could ride his bike once around the circle.
He is so stinkin' proud of himself! Now we just have to get him to do it on his own bike!! Thanks Burila's, you guys rock!!
I'll for sure post more pictures of Carter and his bike since I am sure that he will do nothing but peddle tomorrow.

11 comments:

The Funky Bunch said...

That's awesome! I bet he was so excited. Sounds like you had fun at the bbq!! And OMG, Berk looks so adorable! I love her hair! I was so excited for Ash when I was finally able to do something with her "hair". It took forever until that happened! Now you can put cutie things in her hair! Yahoo!

The Burila Bunch said...

You guys are the ones who ROCK!! We love having you over. I am not sure but I think the bike is magic!! Dave comes close to magic, but he is just a smart guy. I think that is eight kids who have learned to ride on that bike. We miss having little ones to teach it goes by so fast!! The next thing you know they are deacons passing the Sacrament. Enjoy the bike riding!!!

THE TWO BELLS said...

Berklie is sooo cute (even without the pigtails!) Way to go Carter! Good luck keeping up with him now!

THE KLENK FAMILY said...

Blogging about it last night...wow you and Sam are on the ball! LOL! It was so fun to all get together yesterday! I love the little piggies...Berk looked adorable!!!

Jeni said...

That's awesome! I wish my little girl would sit so I could put pig tails in her hair! I'm lucky to get a little clip in once in a while! Oh well!

Call Family said...

I love the pigtails! :) How exciting that Carter is riding a two-wheeler now. That is so fun! I have to say I am partial to his leg-powered motorcycle even though he is moving on to bigger and better things. It was so cute to watch him jet around on that thing. :)

Anonymous said...

Alicia,
I found your blog and I love it! I can't believe Carter is sans training wheels already. Ok, I can, it's Carter. Jackson on the other hand is going to be a while. We miss you guys!

Susan said...

oh.my.gosh. Berklie's piggies are too cute! What a big girl. And the eyes, oh the eyes! Maybe our problem with getting Brook to ride her 2 wheeler is that we haven't let Dave try! Glad you guys have such a fun night, we were sad we missed it!!

The Bell Bunch said...

Yeah, Carter! Congrats on learning to ride a two-wheeler! You will have to show Luke all of your tricks so that he can learn too! Cute piggy tails Berklie!

The Cook's said...

So freaking cute! Emma doesn't even have enough hair for piggies, but I suppose that I haven't really tried. I don't think she would sit there like a sweet angel like Berklie. I am so excited for Carter, he's getting so big!

Nikki said...

She looks so much older and bigger with pig tails! I love her big beautiful eyes too.