Here we are in Colorado enjoying all the rain! It's like fall here, kinda crazy. Despite that, we are having a super good time. (well, much better now that this is over) But, here is how I made some money (and just about pooped my pants in the process).
Yesterday we drove up to Idaho Springs Colorado with my rents to eat some delicious Beau Jo's Pizza. If you ever come to Colorado you have to stop there and get some pizza, it's the best pizza ever!! Then at Carters request, we stopped at McDonald's for some ice cream on the way back. I am really forgetful lately and I left my backpack on the table and didn't realize it until this morning while we were getting ready for church. I was totally freaked because my wallet and Ipod were in there along with some other things. I called the McDonald's and the manager told me that she didn't' see it, but that she would call the managers that were there last night and ask them if they had seen it and then she would call me back. Well, no call after about 2 hours, so I called back and talked to Maria, another manager who informed me that they had called all the managers and no one had it. I was so angry at myself for leaving it there and so mad that my money was gone and more importantly, I suppose, that my identity was out there in who knows whose hands. We had canceled our credit card as soon as we found out and I called the credit companies to put a fraud alert on my credit. Then, I told my parents that I needed to borrow their car so that I could drive back up to Idaho Springs and look around for my backpack. I felt pretty strongly that I needed to go there. But then I started bawling again and said I didn't want to drive back up there and that it was gone. My mom insisted that I go anyway and just look around. So my dad and I drove the 40 minutes there really thinking that we wouldn't find anything. But dad recognized one of the workers from last night and asked him if he had seen a red backpack. In his broken English he told us that he had found it last night and turned it into his manager!!!! I was soooo excited! I wanted to reach over that counter and give him a big hug. But, not so fast I suppose. Maria, the manager, said that she would call the night manager and ask her where it was. A while later Maria came to tell us that the night manager said someone else came to pick it up! I was floored. I said there is NO WAY someone else would even know to ask for a red backpack. Maria told us that there were cameras that had recorded everything and they would watch them to see if in fact someone had come to pick up the backpack. We mentioned to her that we had also filed a police report and would let the police know as well.
So, we left, once again disappointed and without the red stinkin' backpack. 10 minutes into our drive, Maria called and told me to turn around, that "the person" had returned it. OH man.....are you kidding me? So, back we went. She explained that the manager decided to return it when she realized that she would be caught once they viewed the tapes. I went through everything and it was all there including 100 extra bucks! Ummm...swweeeet! Whoever took it probably didn't bother to count the money before they took it out or spent it or whatever they did with it, and they wanted to make sure to return it all to me. Maybe it was worth it. Well, obviously not the best way to get a little extra cash.
I am sure my Colorado trip will be on the up and up now, especially the shopping trip part of it.
15 comments:
HOLY CRAP!!! I am so glad you got it back!!!
BTW, Gail was here for our Madrigal reunion last night. She asked about you. it is still so funny that you know her!
Oh my gosh. I can't believe that. That's so crazy. And what a relief to get everything back. I mean, the stress of having your wallet and everything stolen is crazy. And hey, it's the persons fault who stole your wallet to put extra money in there. Dumb decision on their part! Their loss! Now you can go to those great shopping places and spend, spend, spend!! Have fun and see you when you get back!
Oh my story! That's crazy!!! I can't believe a store manager would be so dishonest, regardless of whether or not it was caught on camera! At least you got 100 bucks for all your troubles. I hope she gets fired ASAP! Have a good trip!
I can't believe that. What a little stink to think that she could get away with taking your back pack. I am glad you got it back, though :)
You are so Lucky. One just to be with your Family in Beautiful Colorado!! I love and miss those afternoon showers!! It is to bad people cannot be honest the first time around!!! Make sure your lucky $100 did not come from your own accounts though. Just a little run through the credit machine by the "manager". I hope it is just her pay off for your troubles. See ya when you get back!!
Very cool story! Are you going to call me while you are up here or what?!! 303-287-3447
Uggg! What a horrible experience! I'm glad you got everything back. I guess crime really doesn't pay (for the criminal anyway).
Rich said to prosecute to the full extend of the law! I am just happy that you got everthing back what a nightmare...but I am glad you got the 100 bucks for your trouble!!!
I'm jealous you got to spend some time in Colorado. I haven't been back for about 6 years now! Sorry about all the trouble with your wallet. Good thing it all worked out in the end!
That's crazy! I bet you thanked your lucky stars. Great story!
That is so sweet that you got 100 extra bucks. Now you can bring something back to your husband's hard working employee. HA HA
Ummm, I hope you know that Cam left that comment! Have fun and I'm glad everything worked out. Emily
Wow - so glad you went back! I hope that dishonest manager is fired for stealing it in the first place and then lying about it!
So glad you found my blog!!
Crazy story by the way. I can't believe how big your kids are getting.
What a crazy story, something to tell the grandkids that's for sure!
Post a Comment